Comming Soon From Angelic Pretty: Holy Laturn (for Halloween)
In the latest Gothic & Lolita Bible, AP showed previews of their new Halloween print, Holy Laturn (Did they mean Lantern?), and their Tokyo Blog released the items and some behind the scenes snaps.
The print features chandeliers, lanterns, crosses, bats and stars. It’s done as a flocked chiffon. The main garment comes in ivory, lavender (see below), wine (see above) and black.
- Holy Lantern One Piece (¥ 28,140)
- Holy Lantern Jumper Skirt (¥ 26,040)
- Holy Lantern Skirt (¥ 18,690)
- Holy Cross Bow Clips (¥ 2,730)
- Holy Veil Headband (¥ 3,360)
- Holy Ribbon Headbow (¥ 3,045) (White × Black × Silver, White × Black × Gold, Black × Black × Gold)
- (Sample) Pearl Tulle cuff (¥ 3,780) (White, Pink, Black)
- Holy Cross Over the Knee Socks (¥ 2,310) (White × Black, Lavender × Black, Wine × Black, Navy × Black, Black × Ivory, Black × Gray)
- Holy Lantern Tights (¥ 4,200) (Ivory × Gold, Black × Silver, Black × Gold)
- Holy Cross Necklace (¥ 3,990)
- Holy Cross Ring (¥ 1,890)
- Holy Cross Bracelet (¥ 3,150)
- Holy Cross Choker (price TBD)
My first thought when I saw this was what they heck are you doing AP. It’s really out there for them. Now, once I read that it’s a Halloween print, it makes a little more sense, but I’m still not a huge fan of the shapeless OP they have there. The more I look at the motif, the more it grows on me. I’d like to see the socks closer so I could see what to motif is on them (starry sky that’s dripping maybe?), but I think I’ll probably give this one a pass. It might be good for a bittersweet or creepy-cute sort of thing, but the huge crosses kinda overpower the rest from a distance.
Also, what is up with those huge cuffs on the OP? Are those just detachable extension cuffs? If so, they really don’t go well with this. If not, then what do the actual sleeves look like. Also, why does she have what looks like a spray of clunny lace like a maid headdress on her head? The tights in the top image seem to be the same motif as the dress. I feel like it works a bit better as tights than a dress, TBH, and I could see them used with a number of semi-gothic things from Baby. The veil looks pretty interesting as well.
Release is expected to be mid-September.
Shop Release: 9/21
Online Release: 9/28
1 comment on “Comming Soon From Angelic Pretty: Holy Laturn (for Halloween)”
I’m not really sure why, because it isn’t normally the kind of thing I like, but I’m really excited for this print! Can’t wait for more photos!