There are three main ways to buy lolita on a budget. One is to buy things on sale/buy lucky packs, another is to buy second hand, and the third is to buy from less expensive sources. Some lolita think that the only way to get “the look” that brands like AP hilight is to buy illegal replicas of those items made by Chinese counterfeiters. This is absolutely not the case, and so today I’d like to showcase two coordinates. The first coordinate is one that was published by Angelic Pretty to show off their Cherry Berry Bunny print. I’ve grabbed the items shown in the coordinate and included the stock photos (the blouse and wrist cuffs might not be exact; I couldn’t see them clearly in the image, and I don’t have the book it came from with me at the moment to check the caption)
- Cherry Berry Bunny Heart JSK (Cherry Berry Bunnyハートジャンパースカート) – ￥27,090
- Cherry Berry Bunny Head Bow (Cherry Berry Bunnyカチューシャ) – ¥3,570
- Cherry Berry Bunny OTKs (Cherry Berry Bunnyオーバーニーソックス) – ¥2,310
- Satin Ribbon Pearl Blouse with Sleeves (サテンリボンパール付け袖ブラウス) – ￥14,490
- Logo Star Charm Wrist Cuffs (ロゴスターチャームお袖とめ) – ￥2,730
- Tea Party Shoes – ￥14,490
total:￥64,680 (~$785.00 USD)
And, for the look for less, I’m actually going to change up the color scheem a little. While it’s certainly possible to find things in yellow and pink, the dress I wanted to use (similar cut, also a rabbit motif) doesn’t come in yellow, so we are going to do pink and sax blue instead.
- Bodyline JSK L481 – $67.00 USD
- Bodyline Blouse L364 – $40.00 USD
- Delicate Lolita Wrist Cuffs In Pink With Pink Bows by MyDearestVictoria – $25.00 USD
- Pink Sweet Lolita Hairbow with White Lace by SweetMildred – $20.00 USD
- Bodyline SOCKS413 – $7.00 USD
- Bodyline SHOES251– $40.00 USD
Now, some people might look at that total and think that is still really steep, and in a way, it is. The indie wrist cuffs aren’t that much cheaper than the ones from AP, and the blouse, JSK and shoes, are actually in the mid-to-upper price range for bodyline. However, the shoes and the blouse could be easily re-used across multiple coordinates if you keep the same colors. I opted for the blouse and shoes I liked best to match these things, but bodyline certainly has nice blouses and shoes for about half as much if you are on a tight budget!